Use of Lasers in dentistry can allow you to have recommended treatment with the greatest comfort, in the most technologically advanced way possible. The diode laser allows us to perform treatment to soft tissues painlessly, with little or no anesthetic needed, and with no discomfort afterward. Both Drs. Hanley and Murphy are certified in the use of the dental laser and pleased with the benefits of improved results and comfort for our patients. Our hygienists have each taken additional training in the use of the diode laser to assist in the work they do.
Uses and Benefits of Laser Treatment
- The diode laser is effective in treating canker sores and cold sores to pretty much stop them in their tracks, eliminating the pain that accompanies them, and dramatically speed up their healing. Cold sores, if caught before they blister, can often be prevented totally.
- For people who have some form of gum disease, the diode laser can be used to treat the pockets of infection that are present to eliminate bacteria and allow for better healing when added to our already effective treatment procedures.
- People who want the fastest results whitening their teeth find that the diode laser will jump-start the process for them for a fast and attractive result.
- We sometimes need to contour gum tissue to adjust how much of a tooth shows, to give a smile the nicest appearance after orthodontic treatment, or in conjunction with cosmetic dental treatment. This can be done painlessly, and allows us to dramatically enhance our patients’ smiles.
Schedule an appointment
- We use the diode laser to remove various lesions in the mouth like warts, fibromas and other soft tissue lesions. We can do this painlessly and easily with the laser, with no discomfort after treatment.
today to talk about our less painful, laser treatment options.